Since my last entry just ... didn't post and I'm seriously too tired to retype it all in detail... here's the rundown
1. Saturday: APH Meetup
- was about one hour late due to various things, ie. waking up late, shower, GG, food, couldn't find animeUNSW card
- pretty interesting and fun
- Kiku + Wan-Chan's shots (incl. Teddy + Win's incest XP LOL )
- the thing with fan club meetups like this is that, even if they don't try to be, it is exclusive. Regardless of how friendly the people there were (I find that with fan clubs, they can either be really open and friendly or closed and judgmental), and they were really, really friendly, I couldn't help but feel that it was exclusive; I like APH but I can't sing character songs, I can't name all the distinctive character features etc... it often happens when Teddy + Win talk like that to me as if I understand everything they're saying (gomen ne, it is interesting... it's just that it's not likely going to stick since I don't understand and quite often, you tell me stuff as if I do)
2. Saturday: animeUNSW dinner
- was LOUD so, so loud - one girl particularly
- we didn't know anyone so it was quite ahhh...
- Black Lagoon --> city --> ask the Roommate's BF --> 'something happy' --> o.O --> R-ejoice (we knew it was sth starting with R-) --> correct answer: Roanapur or sth like that... --> o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O
- KFC krushers with Ranter and Win --> twas good
3. Sunday: Hot pot with Chinese group
- probably the event I enjoyed the most out of all three
- Ounce, Madam + BF, Knell + 2 friends; two people couldn't make it ><
- went there at 6.30-6.45 and left at around 9pm
- too much food
- conversation was good! It flowed pretty well and I dunno, maybe I find these situations easier to interact with others in (like, outside my close group of friends), you know, like strangers
- went to K afterwards with Madam + bf, Ounce and Knell
- probably one of my better K experiences, just because when I go with boarders, they usually sing Canto and while I know a few, I don't know as much as them so I get bored and fall asleep haha. And they usually sing songs from female singers and that's often higher than what I can comfortably sing. As for when I'm with Teddy + Win etc, while I can do heaps of crazy stuff, I don't sing much since they sing quite a bit of Japanese/anime songs and unless I have lyrics with me... nuh uh... it tends to be a bit of an oligopoly over songs. Not that I'm really bored, just that it's a bit less passive... participation. Whereas last night, it was good because we had a mixture of Mando, English and Canto songs, most of which I could sing (even the Mando + Canto ones!) and we made an active effort to ensure that most of us sang at least once every 3 songs so that was really good. We picked out a list of songs, and then we'd just 'chime' them in to rotate everyone. Twas fun and good. And I got to sing Barbie Girl (albeit with Ounce... creepy ><) and a Backstreet Boys haha! Ounce picked it for me lol.
- we finished at a bit around after 12, so Knell gave me a lift home which was good, since it was raining like crazy.
And that's it!
Dubbo on Tuesday XP XP XP